Monday, July 29, 2013

Michigan Trip Part 2

 My Aunt took these pictures before I went to Detroit with my cousins. I wore my leopard print dress from sourpuss clothing that I got from Pin up parlor in Deland. I paired it with my red wedges from target and a matching flower clip from H&M.
 (No shoes allowed in the house so I was barefoot for these photos, but you can see the wedges in previous posts.)
 I had heard that the city was basically burned down since it has been going downhill for quite some time and has filed for bankruptcy. I went there two years ago for a music festival, and I thought it had a lot of character and I just had to go back to see if the rumors were true.
 My cousin picked me up and I drove her awesome gangster car. My outfit was tied together perfectly with these sunglasses that I got at the flea market.
 The condition of the city was rough, as I expected, but no worse than it was last time I was there! I love abandoned buildings, so perhaps that is why I still like the city.
 We hung out and my cousin skateboarded around hart plaza. It was a fun day/night. We also drove around Belle Isle and that was beautiful.
Its hard to imagine the city as it once was in its prime. It has seen so much and bred so much talent. I don't believe that it can rise back up from this, but there is still character lingering in this place.

2 comments:

  1. I think the barefoot outfit is very appropriate for this photos, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there..I came across your website a week ago by default as I was googling my details of my company..see CaroleLee Giles..on LinkedIn..or my facebook and instagram Carole Lee..the profile photo is that of my camper van. There are hundreds of Carole Lee (s) on facebook..mainly they are chinese.
    Unforunately i realised pretty quickly that your details were not mine.
    Therefore before I issue a case with my solicitor to stop you using my business / company name of KittyKatVintage/ kittykatdoeseverythingvintage.etc etc
    I will ask you to cease using my company name immediately..if you are still a dealer.
    You can look at my LinkIn details or facebook and see that my business was registered in 2003..I have a unit in the Antiques centre stonegate and have for the last 4 years.
    I am and have been for many many years been a dealer in very high end vintage clothes and furniture ..

    My company is called KittyKatvintage as my daughter is named Kitty after my Grandmother.
    Im not certain this email/messaging service on your website is still used as it appears that you have'nt sold anything but jewellry since December gone.
    If you wish to discuss this situation you appear to have got us into then my landline number is 01904798174. Call anytime and if Im not available then please leave your name and number and I will aim to return your call within two days.
    I appologise for the long winded email however I do not wish to be connected in any way to your Company and it seems that some contacts believe we work together!!
    Regards, Carole Lee

    ReplyDelete